Saturday, October 10, 2009

Albert Gets All Indiana Jones

The day started out normally enough, with me sneaking into some place I wasn`t supposed to be. Little did I know what wonders were in store for me...

I stumbled upon an amazing, intricate system of caves. But what made these caves REALLY special is that they were dug by humans, not nature, over 2000 years ago. If you look closely at some of these pictures you can see the marks on the wall from their tools.

I found a small opening with a long winding staircase that went down, down, down into the dark...

...past a room from the mind of MC Escher...

And into a magnificent chamber where I discovered at least four priceless artifacts from another time.

More at my Flickr page.

4 comments:

  1. so other people were down there, but you all have to jump a fence to get in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Some photos may be presented with the intent to illustrate a somewhat more exciting truth than what most would consider the "God's Honest" truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should we start calling you alboana jones?

    ReplyDelete