Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Completely Mundane Adventures of Albert Thrower, Chapter One: Wherein Our Hero Gives Himself a Haircut

NOLTE AND ALBERT: SEPARATED AT BIRTH?

"I NEED A HAIRCUT, BUT I HAVE NO CLIPPERS!"

"BE AT EASE, MY CHILD. TAKE THESE SCISSORS AND DO GOOD WORKS."
"GOD? I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN CUT MY OWN HAIR WITH SCISSORS..."

"...BUT I TRUST YOU! LET'S DO IT!"

...an hour and a half of cutting and taking pictures of the back of my head and cutting more...

OH NICE

"WHAT'S OVER THERE? A GOOD HAIRCUT?"

"HUH? THAT WAY TOO?"

Debrief: My father warned me not to try cutting my own hair. I usually take my father's advice, but I ignored him on this one, and the results ain't bad. Definitely some strange quirks to my hair now, it isn't cut like a pro would do it, but I'm pretty pleased with myself. I would post some pics of the back, but... Nobody wants to see that. I'm still working on that technique. Taking pictures of it, then feeling around for what I think are the bits I see sticking out... Maybe not the best way to do it.

11 comments:

  1. please take this shit to myspace

    also you ignored your dad about doing yardwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asking me to do yard work wasn't really advice... Smartass. Thanks for coming. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, so are those before and after pics? you should have kept it long, that was hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh... Perhaps it will grow back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you did a great job albert! im impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rachel. I'm glad someone is on my side. That being said... The second day the flaws really start to show themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not too bad, but I won't be showing this installment of the blog to Cora - may cause nightmares. Dad is right - you look pretty crazy in some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda--am I to take that to mean that every other post of mine you sit Cora on your lap and say "This is what Uncle Albo is up to..."?

    Because that's so sweet it makes the tears roll off my face. And they evaporate quickly in the Israeli sun. Blow across the Atlantic. Rain down on Florida. Feed an orange. Wind up in a carton of OJ. Hitch a ride up to Cumming. End up on your breakfast table. Slosh around in Cora's sippy cup. And slide into her cute little tummy.

    That's as far as we'll follow my tears...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not EVERY post, but yes I show them to her every now and then. I don't want her to forget her Uncle Albo. Ada is another story - she won't sit still long enough.

    The tears theory is a good one, except we're not big OJ drinkers. Should they make it to an apple orchard and thus into apple juice, there's a better chance they'll make it in that adorable, ticklish tummy. Miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think you need a shave more than a haircut...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good work grasshopper! Im sure all the isreali chics are digging ya! Maybe you will get lucky like ben and come home engaged.

    ReplyDelete