Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Albert Has a Travel Blog

Hey! I have a travel blog! You can check here periodically if you care what I´m up to. Also, if you haven´t yet emailed me your mailing address you should do that to so I can send you a postcard from somewhere.

Ben and I were flying on Buddy Passes very generously arranged by Ruth and Jack, my sister-in-law´s mother and stepfather. Since business class had some free space they sat us up there. We were very pampered--champagne before takeoff, white tablecloth dinner, seats that reclined into beds... A very unfitting beginning for a trip that will eventually find me in some pretty dingy digs. Ben and I loved it, discussed what we should tell any inquiring chicas our professions were. I think we decided we´d be space pilots. No chicas inquired.

In Madrid now, Ben is upstairs in the hostel napping after a self-lead walking tour. We´ll be here for two nights, at which point Ben´s friend Nicole is joining us and we´ll make our way down to Lagos.

The big tomato food fight is happening while we´re in Spain, we´re going to try to get to that.

Wanna make bets on how long I´m gonna keep this blogging up?

3 comments:

  1. I have faith that you're going to keep the blog up the whole time. You have to -- it's the only way for me to vicariously live through your adventures. Whatever you're doing, it's going to be ten times more exciting than anything my non-traveling self will be doing, so I'm going to be reading faithfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do they say tomato in Spanish ...BLAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that tomato fight from Road Rules Europe-- That has you written all over it!

    ReplyDelete