Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Museums and Possible Sunburns


Spent the morning at the Renia Sofia museum. Really great stuff, lots of Picassos and Dalis and tons of great work I´d never heard of. Devoured every floor of the place like it was mana from heaven.

Walked around a bunch after that in the hot hot hot Spanish sun, just checking out parks and buildings of interest. Probably thoroughly burned, even though I applied sunscreen halfway through our walk. We´ll see soon enough.

Ben and I reserved a car for tomorrow. His friend Nicole is getting into Madrid at 1¨00 and then we´re off into the countryside. Looking forward to some natural beauty!!!

3 comments:

  1. where are you driving to? hopefully north, cause the basque country is bumpin.

    also you should make sure to eat some spanish tortilla, with some chocolate con churros as a dessert and then some turron as extra dessert.

    and if you go to barcelona they have a fountain that uses mercury instead of water.

    and this might just be totally late and a pain in the ass to do, but my parents would often go geocaching in foreign countries, and it would take them way off the beaten path and still direct them towards really cool stuff in non-touristy parts of town. i don't know if you want to buy a gps for that purpose, but it might come in handy in thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, we drove south--hot hot hot. The North will have to be another trip some day. Where is this mercury fountain? That sounds really surreal.

    I´ve been thinking about a GPS, and I think I might pick one up in Israel. Not an expensive one with maps and such but one that´ll just give me my coordinates so I can always find my way back to where I came from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got your Spanish tortilla for desayuno this morning, Craig--great recommendation.

    ReplyDelete