Sunday, August 23, 2009

Down and Out in Grenada


In Grenada now, seems like a great town. But I wouldn´t know ´cause I´m sick as a dog! Fever, phlegm, yah yah yah. Starting to feel a bit better, yesterday morning I wouldn´t have been able to form sentences. Thinking it´s a reaction to the vaccines I got right before I left. That´s better than the alternative. Como se dice ¨swine flu¨ en espanol?

Ben is my acting nurse, taking good care of me. His most given piece of advice is to take a cold shower.

Driving through the Spanish countryside is really nice, the landscape is dotted with little castle towns. Getting into the bigger towns that we´re visiting can be a bit stressful, though--skinny streets, a lot of restrictions on turning and such. The drivers are good though, so that helps.

Tomorrow morning we´re going to check out the Alhambra, the main attraction in Grenada. Hope I´m feeling up for it when the time comes.

5 comments:

  1. Word to the wise... don't drink from the water coming out of the fountains at the alhambra, i know it will look tempting, given it's probably 1000 degrees right now in Grenada, but trust me... nu unh, don't do it. one of my friends was accidentally tricked into drinking it and was sick for three weeks...
    on the plus side, the falafels in Grenada are amazing... it's all i ate there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! It's no fun being sick while you're traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. feel better!

    and re ethan's comment. what kind of person tricks somebody into drinking contaminated water?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you left out a key word... "accidentally". this guy that my friend was with filled up his water bottle with fountain water streaming throughout the alhambra. and then my friend drank from the bottle, not realizing where the water came from... needless to say, he got sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, that fountain water WAS so tempting. They have like a staircase with two big waterslides of ice cold water you can dip your hands into and it feels sooooo good.

    I didn´t find the good falafel in Grananda... Just some whack falafel.

    ReplyDelete