Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Farming is Yard Work

I don't know why I didn't realize this before, it seems so obvious now. But it came to me as a was weeding a garden today. Farming is yard work. The same yard work I've avoided doing with my dad my entire life. And now I've dedicated the next almostyear of my life to it, because I feel like it has something to teach me. But it's something my dad's been trying to teach me my whole life! I wouldn't even be here if I had just done my goddamn chores.

4 comments:

  1. So come home, let Dad put you to work, and spend Christmas with your neices for crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and you could have earned Sunnyside stars if you had just done it here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a long way to travel to pull some weeds...just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "next almostyear"? how long are you going to be working in israel?

    ReplyDelete