Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This is Your Brain On Shuffle, Pt. 2

The feature formally known as "Songs I've Found Myself Singing"

Without an iPod, the music is all in your head. Some songs, you bring to mind intentionally. But sometimes... Your subconcious takes control. These are songs that I have found myself singing aloud or in my head, without the faintest idea why.

Jens Lekman - Pocketful of Money (quickly amended to "Pocketful of Shekels")
Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly (I really don't like this song)
Soul Asylum - Runaway Train (Never comin' back...)
Francis Scott Key and John Stafford Smith - Star Spangled Banner
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - The Message (Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge...)
Spoon - Stay Don't Go
Lykke Li - Tonight
Blondie - One Way Or Another
Phish - The Wolfman's Brother (for some reason I was singing it as "Wolfman's Daughter")
Of Montreal - The Past is a Grotesque Animal
Bright Eyes - Everything Must Belong Somewhere
Wicked - Popular (quickly amended to "Secular"--worked out alright)

2 comments:

  1. alot of those songs get in my head too. just the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahah i've heard you sing runaway train! to yourself!

    ReplyDelete